Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Memorial Day 2005

I've been warned to quit blogging about camping and my health problems & surgeries, both of which are typecasting me as a geezer. But at the risk of sounding geezerish, I must comment on the past weekend. We had another family camp with Grandma & Grandpa, Jeannie & I, sister Deb, BIL Brian and T-bone (Tim). We were in Pierson Ranch, part of the Lewis & Clark campground complex, Yankton, SD. It was the best Memorial Day weather wise, that I can remember. Niece Erin & groom-elect Jeff came late Sat. night and stayed 'til Monday, so we had a good crowd. We played lots of camping games, played lots of cards, rode bikes, drove the go-carts and ate, ate, and ate some more. The new camper worked great again, we are very pleased. Thanks, First National Bank. My only regret of the whole weekend was that I did nothing to commemorate Memorial Day at all. Didn't even fly a flag at camp. Which is really lame, considering the supreme sacrifice so many made so we can still live in the land of the free. I don't think an hour out of my day to salute the brave men that came back from war, is too much to ask, from every one of us. I'm ashamed of myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being as unstable as I am, you never know what's liable to set me off. Actually, I thought it was clever.