Thursday, June 02, 2005

The torch is passed

Last night was the Customer Appreciation Supper at T & C's. For those not in the know, it is a family owned gas station/c-store here in Dells. Tim and Carol actually sold the business to Michael on Jan. 1st, but waited 'til now to have their last hoo-rah. It was a very nice party, there was a tent set up in the parking lot, Minnehaha Co. Pork Producers bar-b-qued pork loins, Lorna Reiff's home-made potato salad, beans and stuff. Very tasty. Congrats to Tim & Carol, a class act, happy retirement & Good Luck to Michael in the Future. They will continue to receive my loyal support. Early Onset Alzheimers Update: My cousins boy is graduating high school this weekend. Jeannie drops a card on my desk to send him. Luckily, I read the card before actually signing it. The card reads "Happy Birthday Grandson", same thing inside , along with a verse. I guess maybe "grandson" looks like "graduation". OK, I think we all know it doesn't, but I'll cover for her until the dementia gets too obvious to hide. Poor thing. I don't think they treat you real nice in the home.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

No need to worry, I'm going to strictly cash gifts. None of you appreciates the time and energy I put into the whole birthday, Christmas thing anyway, so why bother. By the way, what happened to those little dogs, they're collectible!-MOM