Thursday, June 23, 2005

Summer must be here.....

So lets try and cram 100 events into every weekend. By my calculation, there are only 12 weekends here on the tundra that can actually be considered summer. (ie; no chance of snow) Out of those 12, at least 2 will be inundated with torrential downpours or tornadic episodes of some degree. This weekend looks good so far for weather. And luckily so, for it is Quarry Days weekend, our annual small-town weekend shebang. Check it out- www.quarrydays.com. My sched- Thurs. 8 am- in SF to talk about Quarry Days on 2 radio stations, home by 10 am. Head to the office and try and return phone calls and get some real work done. I also have 3 lawns to mow today. 7 pm appt. with a client and contractor to bid a new house. Friday- Staff in the office in the am, golf in the Quarry Days golf tournament in the afternoon. Friday night- surprise 50th b-day party for my friend, John Rave. Sat. am- lots of Quarry Days activities but I will be set up at the J&L Harley swap meet, trying to sell a lot of unused parts, and find a new windshield for my bike, to please my wife, who is complaining of severe buffeting. Sat. afternoon- can't miss the Burn-out contest!!! Sat. night- Lee Burggraffs birthday party at the lake or Maren Hendrickson's wedding dance. Sun. am- set up in the park for the car show. Noon- head for home and change clothes for my Open House from 1-2 pm. Hope I have a good turn-out. After the open house, head back to the car show for the awards and then clean-up. Sun. eve- enjoy a cold beverage and watch the fireworks display by the river. It's a good life! "I started out with nothing, and still have most of it left".

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Yes, she is a teacher now and lives in Ramona, SD. She is marrying Michael Fischer. I don't know where he is from, but they have been together for a couple of years.