Friday, June 17, 2005

Perfect

Today when I woke up I could tell it was going to be a perfect day before I even got out of bed. For one thing, I could see the sunshine, as opposed to the gloomy clouds that have been here forever. I walk outside to fetch the paper and I was right, no wind, perfect temp, no humidity. Time to spring into action. I spent the morning spraying weeds. I know that sounds like a waste of time, but there have been no suitable days and it needed to be done desperately. So it goes, even spraying weeds is a happy task when the weather is like this. It's noon now and I see the flag is standing straight out from the flag-pole but if you can get a couple hours with no wind here- that's pretty good. I'm going to try to go for a Harley ride tonight. "When one door closes, another one opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us". - Alexander Graham Bell

1 comment:

asdf said...

Dad, that quote hit right at home with me. Hopefully this new job will be the door I need to go through to forget the past.