Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I didn't win

Jeannie and I just got baack from the Chevy dealer. Today is the last day of the "Hotbutton" promotion at all GM dealerships. It's free to play and you could potentially win a new car. All you had to do was go to the dealership, sit in the vehicle, push the Onstar button and follow the prompts. You were talking to a live person on the other end, so it wasn't too lame, I heard your chances were one in 3000 to win. That's a lot better than any other form of gambling I know. Looks like a desperate attempt by General Motors to pump some life into their dying franchises. I mean, General Motors stock has been reduced to "junk" status, and is on the "do not buy" list of every stock broker. What has happened? It all seems so surreal to me. The once proud and mighty symbol of unimaginable corporate power and wealth being eviserated by Toyota. The wake-up call fell on deaf ears and eyes that would not see. I have no idea what the future holds for the car business. There was a time in my life when I knew I would never drive anything that was not made by GM, just as surely as I knew the sun would come up in the east. I wouldn't make that statement today. The world, she is a changin' my friends.

No comments: