Saturday, May 14, 2005

I'm half the man I used to be

Well, maybe not half, but I should be a little lighter. I had orthroscopic surgery on my left shoulder last Thursday morning. Today was the big day (48 hours later) that the bandages came off and the drug pump could dome out. It must be the new thing, but attatched to my sling was a nifty little battery operated drug pump. clear sides and you could see how much junk was left inside, waiting to be pumped into me. It was filled with a novicaine solution, which pretty much explained the lack of pain. Jeannie did pretty well helping take off the bandages but had to duck out when it was time to pull out the novacaine tube. "I'll do it then" growled me, the tough guy and went into the bathroom to watch myself in the mirror. I knew the surgeon had made 3 incisions, which were in plain sight and neatly stitched up. To my surprise, the novicaine tube had it's own entrance hole. "well", I think. " must just be inserted under the skin" Oh no, this bad boy was in there 6-8 INCHES! Where it was hiding or coiled up, I don't know, but as I pulled she just kept comin'. Really a weird feeling. Now that it's out, I had to take a pain pill. I guess I'm not as tough as I thought. We'll see what kind of snot-nosed, red-eyed blubbering mass of fat I turn out to be on Monday morning, after I meet with my masochist, I mean physical therapist. Oh yeah, cut me Mick, cut me!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Dad is like a fine wine, he just keeps getting better with age!