Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Good morning

I'm up and at em early today. Ever since we started sleeping on our Nikken magnetic mattress pad I've been sleeping better and getting up earlier. So every morning I'm up with an hour to spare. Of course I don't use it to do anything constructive but it is nice to start the day unhurried. I had a great weekend at the Stitcher's Retreat at Lake Shetek. It was so beautiful, the leaves were all turning and it was really warm. It has been an incredible fall! I didn't get much accomplished but it was sure fun seeing everyone and spending some time with my best friend LeeAnn. It seems we just don't get to spend much time together these days and it was fun to talk and talk and talk. I think we did keep the women next door awake though, we got to laughing about the weekender clothes and how they use them in hundreds of different ways. Seriously, is it really ok to use the mini skirt as a cowl collar, or a bunched up belt at your waist? And then there is the tulip skirt, you can bring it up above your bust and use it for a dress? Never mind that the back hangs lower then the front, and the elastic cuts into your fat at the armpits and makes an attractive little ball of protruding cellulite. These clothes are versatile. WOW! We got to laughing so hard. At a recent style show they had 3 women stand in front and share clothes. They seriously had to change right in front of everyone. So Joslyn's jacket went to Diane, and Diane's skirt went to Linda and Linda's top went to Joslyn. This went on several changes each time the model struggling to keep her flesh from flashing. How embarrassing! I don't know if they warned the models that they would be required to make a spectacle of themselves or not. And seriously, some of the resulting outfits were atrocious! Poor Joslyn, you've just got to say no. Anyway, LeeAnn and I came up with a few more ideas for Weekenders Transformers at 3 in the morning and of course burst into giggling fits. Ex. Mini Skirt turban, Large woman can wear 2 small minis as leg warmers (think the 80's), and don't forget tube top tucked into tulip skirt.And when the skirt gets a little worn, you just cut out some leg holes and Fido has a new sweater. The uses are endless. So now the $70 skirt doesn't seem so overpriced does it? And if you want to sell it for yourself you can attend the big conference where 1000 other women are wearing the exact same clothes vying for the most original idea. I can only imagine the other ways you can use that mini. I hope Judy doesn't read our blog, I guess I really am mean and heartless like people say. Maybe having a blog isn't such a good idea after all. Well enough carrying on for one morning. Catch you later.

No comments: