Monday, April 10, 2006

Mothers' Garden

My friend Carol has developed a wonderful plan to build a Mothers' Garden at the cemetary. She has asked me to help with it. We will try to find others who will help too. The cemetary has agreed to give us a parcel of land to use. Our vision is that it will be a quiet, beautiful place where we can all go to meditate, pray and remember our loved ones. I'm very excited about creating a space like this that is healing instead of so sad. Wyatt really enjoyed plants and the outdoors. He was a grounds keeper at Hamline one summer. He told me his favorite flower was an Iris. We have a cluster by our back door. I plan to take some of them and put them in the garden when we get to that point. I will keep you posted about our progress.
I've started to do a little writing. I will maybe post some of it now and then. Here is a sample.

Time is death in sheep's clothes.

Stare into it's face
Watch for the sleight of hand
Beware the innocent
tick tock
it is Death's march.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Glad you liked it. I could post the Reflection of The Beast if you liked that one better. Too bad Wyatt isn't here to recite it. It always had us laughing until we burst.

:lauren: said...

can't wait to see the garden. :)