Monday, April 24, 2006

Spring

isn't here yet. It is colder than a Minnesota well drillers gizzard here today. Highs that never got out of the 40's and a very stiff north wind. Some of our tulips bloomed over the weekend though, so maybe there's still hope. It's not all bad, the weekend was absolutely gorgeous. 70's and no wind, the likes of which we probably won't see again for a while, if you can believe the extended forecast. I had a list of things to do this first nice weekend, that was as long as my arm. The warmer it became, the slower I moved. Dad said I was suffering from spring fever. He could be right. I guess spring fever must mean something different now that I'm 50 than it did when I was a young man. ;-(
Mom and Dad brought their new camper to Dell Rapids this weekend to show it off, and check things out to make sure everything worked properly. It is very nice, with a jumbo living room slide, something their old one didn't have. We visited them down at the campground on Sat. night, meaning to play cards, but ended up watching the movie "Somethings Gotta Give" on tv. Jack Nicholson is so old and nasty, but he's a great actor. Keanu Reeves however, I can do without. Forever. How in the name of moviemaking, did this doof ever break into the business?
One thing that didn't happen over the weekend was me getting the riding mower started. Not for lack of trying, but it just wouldn't cooperate. I ended up mowing part of the yard with the push mower, which was better for me physically I'm sure. I'll try again tonight but the old Sears mower just may have to be turned out to pasture.

4 comments:

Ofty said...

As I read this it is snowing.

Anonymous said...

its been gorgeous down here for 3wks straight..mid 80s even some low 90s! come visit! :) i remember going to the campground in your pop-up camper and sleeping there with Ginger and Sara. fun times! hope the weather gets *spring like* soon.

asdf said...

"After a few stage gigs and a handful of made-for-TV movies, he scored a supporting role in the Rob Lowe hockey flick Youngblood (1986), which was filmed in Canada. Shortly after the production wrapped, Reeves packed his bags and headed for Hollywood. Reeves popped up on critics' radar with his performance in the dark adolescent drama River's Edge (1986), but his first popular success was the role of totally rad dude Ted Logan in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989)." And I believe that's how the doof broke into the business.

Anonymous said...

Funny. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure is the only time that I actually saw Keanu Reeves act (sort of). Every other role he's ever played is exactly the same.