Thursday, March 23, 2006

My stance on.........

Yeah, for a minute there I was fired up to write something political, my views about the SD abortion ban, Hurricane Katrina relief efforts or some other hot-button topic, but I'm over it now. Rest assured, I will have my say on all these and more, just not today. It's a beautiful day here in SD, the sun is shining, the wind isn't blowing (? how is that possible?) and some snow is melting. Things have been going as well as possible here. We are both staying busy, with work and things at home, so that makes the days go by. I have all these projects going at home, nothing huge, just home-owner stuff. By far the most fun project this winter has been redecorating the bar/pool room area. It is really coming around nicely, haven't spent a lot of money. A lot of the stuff I have had for years, waiting for the right place to hang it all. I have been totally remiss at not doing this when we first moved to this house. I was so pumped when we moved, I finally had my own space. Then I proceed to do nothing. I am the king of procrastination. But it looks cool now. Biker/cowboy trashy chic. My old Pioneer receiver circa 1976, is back, pumpin' 75 watts per channel through the Infinity speakers. Some neon, mirrors & assorted junk. Feels really good down there now. I like to do it a little bit at a time, then sit there and look at everything. I guess I'm probably pretty old to be doing some of this stuff, but I never had the time, place or money to do it when I was young, and I do think I appreciate it more now that I had to wait for it. If I could just afford a pin-ball machine for Jeannie, we'd be complete. She does love to play pin-ball!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

pin ball is fun, i love to play it too! youre never too old to appreciate anything, especially when it comes to your own hard work! ALSO i now can see where Ginger gets her procrastination from. she must be the queen of it!!

Anonymous said...

as someone who has slept in said "biker trashy chic" pool room - its pretty sweet.

if you can't get a pinball machine you can always get an Erotic PhotoHunt Machine...that never gets old...

Lauren said...

I am wearing my biker cowboy trashy chic boots so I'll fit right in the next time we visit!

For my mom, it was always pacman and air hockey. She was the queen at both.

Jeannie said...

Ben, You should see it now! Maybe you can come to the Poker Run we are having on June 3rd to raise money for Wyatt's scholarship fund. You can sleep down there again!

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see the place the next time we come over! I also had fun friday night

Anonymous said...

Biker/cowboy trashy chic... how perfect. You just described my goal for life more concisely than I ever could. I can't wait to check out the finished product.

Anonymous said...

ok, that last one wasn't anonymous, it was me, Ali T...this whole blog thing confuses me. yes, I'm technologically stuck in the 80s