Wednesday, March 08, 2006

State A Tournament, here we come!

The Dell Rapids girls basketball team, has had an amazing year. The Lady Quarriers are 23-0 and ranked #1 in the state. After mowing down the competition in the districts and region, the team left this morning for the State A Girls Basketball Tournament in Mitchell. We play in the first round tomorrow afternoon at 1 pm in the world famous Corn Palace. I'll be there, dressed in orange and black. It's so much fun, having your hometown team going to State. Not as much fun as when my own kids were still in school, but still. Grandpa and I will be cheering the Lady Q's to victory. Jeannie has plans already (her loss). Go here www.argusleader.com on Sunday morning to see our victory headline in the sports section. Go Big Orange!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't make me explain what a Quarrier is.

Ofty said...

what's a quarrier? JK. I was looking forward to our Stickney/MV girls facing off against Dells but they got knocked out right away. Our colors are orange and black also would have made for an interesting time which cheering section was which.

Lauren said...

The corn palace? I've been there! (thanks to you and your recommendation :)

Anonymous said...

Michelle Amundson, Beth Nemmers, Ashley Mailey, Danielle Bauer, Ayllisa Koens, Whitney Lickteig, Kelsey Tibke, AJ Petrik, McKeon Jorgenson, Taylor Richter, Stacy & Sarah Leber, Meghan Paul.

Hollie Dearduff said...

Man do those names make me fell old. I used to babysit some of them and I had a lot of them in Safety Town.

Anonymous said...

Ashley Mailey is Joshs cousin. But any-who--we will check the Argus tomorrow to see how they did! If we lived in SD Josh would go cheer them on w/you and grandpa!!!