Monday, March 13, 2006

We won!

Congratulations to the Dell Rapids Lady Quarriers, 2006 State A Champs! After a close call with Vermillion on Thursday afternoon, they settled down and played great basketball the rest of the tournament. It was a great weekend, I think the whole town of Dell Rapids was in Mitchell. I had a very relaxing time with my parents, going to the games and just hanging out at their house. I stayed just a little too long there yesterday though, and got caught in a nasty blizzard on the way home. The last hour of the trip was 40 mph, a single file conga line that stretched for miles on I-90. The passing lane was just too snowpacked to pass and visibility was horrible. There is no school in Dells today because of the blizzard and I just spent the whole morning blowing snow so I could get the car out of the garage. Kyla called and she couldn't make it to work either, the blizzard that was here yesterday is in MN today. I talked to Ginger on IM this morning and it's supposed to be 83F in DC today. Not fair!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had 80degree weather all wknd, but also had tornados dipping down 2.5 miles from our house all night. see what warm can give to ya sometimes!!!

Ole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I got a tip for what to do when theres a blizzard. We always do it in Norway with great success. Make my little sister (Emily, the dog who does not pee on the carpet) have classes at home in German. She would love it I know!

Congrats with the state championship, I bet you Emily was not the reason for that one!

By the way, if you want her, you can keep her. I can even pay you.

Jeannie said...

Ole, That is so mean. Your sister has only good things to say about you. I'm telling.

Anonymous said...

Hei Jeannie! I agree, but I think it is only another way for him to say he miss her. You know, they must always quarrel so they can keep in touch with another. Marie-Anne