Tuesday, January 23, 2007

We're outta here

Come this June, my wife and I will celebrate 30 years of wedded bliss. She also will be celebrating a milestone birthday. In lieu of diamonds, we're heading to Puerto Vallarta in Feb. Who wouldn't rather have a trip than jewelry? This is the first time we've ever gone someplace warm in the winter all by ourselves. (We did take a cruise once but that doesn't count cause the kids were along.) I have no idea what to expect but the anticipation makes it that much better. I've heard that the ocean swimming isn't that great but maybe that is misinformation too. We'll find out. I do know that they have a very large downtown market where everything and anything under the sun is for sale, so that will be very fun for Jeannie. Also there are huge old cathedrals, jungle jeep tours and I'm sure much more I don't know about. It should be awesome. This time, I'm not going to the tanning booth like I did before the cruise. 8 years I have endured being called a "french fry" by my children. Mayhaps they'll like me better as a lobster.

1 comment:

Ginger Ammon said...

A couple of things:

1) Ocean swimming is AMAZING, even when you're only knee deep. Actually, especially when you're really shallow, cos that where the waves are breaking and tossing you all over. Just remember to keep your mouth tightly closed! Trust me, you'll learn that part quick!

2) You do not have to burn into a lobster! I'm telling you, I went to the beach in Brazil, which I found roughly equivalent to the surface of the sun, and I never burned. The key is to bring varying levels of sunscreen. Start out at SPF 45 the first day or so, then 30 for a day or so, then 15 for a day or so, then 8 or 4, and after about 5 days you should be tan enough to use oil. I always thought I had to burn before I could tan, but it's not true.

Have fun, I'm jealous!