Wednesday, January 10, 2007

cameras, ect.

So, Christmas is over, the decorations are packed away. Time for some reflection. But not what you think. Around this house, we like to look at pictures. Not all the time, but when we like to look at them, we like to look at them, you know what I mean? Now I came to this all on my own, no conversation with anybody, but here's how I see it. And I know I'm old so lets get that outta the way now.
Digital cameras suck. Whatever anybody says, I don't care. I've got no pictures to look at. My old, cheap, but took really good pictures, 35 mm camera finally croaked. Naturally, right before the holidays. So we've got this digital camera, so we're all good, right? Well, whenever we wanted to use it, the battery was dead. No problem, other people have cameras, hey they're all digital too. Just out of curiousity, how may of you faithful readers have ever printed out the pictures on your digital camera? Maybe they get saved to disk, so what? Who ever looks at that? I like a photo album. I like a shoebox of old pictures, the ones that say Kodak or Polaroid on them. The ones you can write the month and year you took them on the back and cry when you look at them. Those are the pictures I like and since I am still in charge of a few things around here, I'm buying a new SLR 35 mm camera tomorrow. So there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you...except that film is expensive. I just got back froma trip to Peru and was the only one with a 35mm. I got some great pics but it cost over $100 to get all the film developed!!!

Ofty said...

I print my pictures greg, now that i have a picture printer. I like the albums too. I also like to delete the ones i don't like. It costs about the same to print them yourself and i don't have to go to walmart to do it.

Jeannie said...

YAY! I can't wait to have you home! I wish you were coming too, Ginger!

Anonymous said...

when koby was little we only had a regular 35mm camera, then when xavie was born we had moved on up to a dig cam.
now, we do have photo albums, however they dont get put together as often as id like. i do however, on a mthly basis, print pics from ofoto.com (kodak) for .15 a print. all of my digital pictures are stored on their site; plus my computer and such. they are quick on shipping, too!