Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It's a mystery

where the time goes, the weeks fly by. It's already Wed., May 10th. The last few days have been pretty nice, although very windy, and everybody is furiously working on their yards and gardens, landscaping and planting flowers. It's supposed to rain tonight again so I suppose I'd better mow again. Although I finally ressurected the riding mower, it is burning oil like the wind and it actually doesn't mow worth a toot anymore, so I've been mowing with the push mower. It takes longer but it looks nicer when I'm done. I wanted to get the house painted this spring but after one bid came back at $5,250, that has been put on hold. I'll either do it myself or find somebody that is more reasonable. Yikes! Other than that, the new full length glass front entry door has been installed and it is great. So much more light in the front foyer, it no longer looks like a tomb as you walk through. You can't beat natural light. Now Jeannie wants a skylight in the kitchen but that will have to wait 'til I win the lottery.
Jeannie and I have both been faithfully sticking to the South Beach diet. We're in the second phase which allows more carbs, mainly some whole wheat bread and fruit. Which is a really good thing if you haven't had any for 2 weeks. I have made it to 208 lbs, finally. The last week was kind of lateral movement, but the book says the weight will come off more slowly once you move into the second phase. I haven't drank a beer in 3 weeks and surprisingly, haven't missed it. I always enjoyed a cold beer with my evening meal but I guess it was more habit than anything cause water tastes just fine. Unfortunately, beer has lots of sugar in it, and that seems to be the key to making this work. I like the way my pants fit better than I liked the beer.
Last weekend in Duluth, I visited the open house at the local Harley dealership. Long story short, I walked out with a new Softail Deluxe. Very spur of the moment, but I absolutely love it. It is beautiful and I enjoy it more than I thought I would. Now it's time to send the old Electraglide down the road. As my wife gently reminded me yesterday, we really can't afford to have 2 Harleys in the garage. Maybe if I wait for that lottery thing.........

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh! When you taking me for a ride Greg?! I'm coming home Saturday and will be home for probably about a week. :)

Anonymous said...

Kyla, i was thinking the same thing! ;) so Greg, will you be having a beer at the Poker Run?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Erik would love your old bike. He can't stop talking about wanting a motorcycle. Maybe give him a call.

Anonymous said...

Kyla & Bobbie- I have generously offered Mom the use of my headlamp if she has trouble seeing the ingredients while she's preparing my meals. That should be sufficient. You know Mom, she just wants and wants and wants. Jazzie, you can have a ride whenever you want! ;-)

Anonymous said...

oh my god im laughing so hard..see you in a few wks!

Jeannie said...

I can't have a skylight can I, JohnandLeeAnn!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jeannie! Your comment just brought a smile to my face! But no evidently Greg needs two motorcycles more than you need light to make him food to eat. I guess you'll have to light an extra candle if you need more light.

Anonymous said...

yes we will be there!! cant wait to see all of you! :)