Wednesday, May 31, 2006

68 1/2 hrs

'til the poker run! The last week has been pretty much a blur. Memorial Day weekend was spent at a family reunion in Missouri. We snuck down to Branson for a day before the reunion. Jeannie had never been there before so it was fun. My folks went with us too. We saw 2 shows, a Broadway review and the Fabulous Platters. The Platters are old but they did all their hits and some Motown. Tickets were only $20 and the show lasted for over 2 hours so I guess we got our moneys worth. The family reunion was nice, very low-key and relaxed. There were conflicts because of the weekend so we were kinda short on relatives but the ones that were there enjoyed themselves.
The patio is finished and looks great. There are still many projects that are unfinished and so they shall remain. I'm not going to stress myself out doing stuff nobody else notices but me. The place is presentable and clean and that's all that matters. I think Ginger missed her plane this morning. She was supposed to be here at noon but a voicemail on my phone said that "a mixup with the flight" caused her to be coming in at 6 pm instead. Doesn't matter. She's gonna be here soon. And so will everybody else. Can't wait! The weather is supposed to be perfect, so here's hoping for the best.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BIG TIME TROUBLE MR AND MRS AMMON! you were so close to us and didnt call or stop by!! see you in just a couple days!

:lauren: said...

soooo excited!

Anonymous said...

We are packing and leaving in two hours!! wooo hoooo (i am sure we all will see/hear Gin doing that all wknd!)

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there! Know that I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope you have a great turnout and beautiful weather!