Wednesday, October 26, 2005

OK, I'm not a mechanic

and I'm OK with that, but the bottom line is, Kyla's car didn't get fixed. I did take one side apart as far as possible til I realized that I didn't have all of the correct tools needed to finish the job. Naturally. So here I sit, on my butt in the hotel parking lot at 8 am Saturday morning. And not just any Saturday morning, but the day before the Packers- Vikings game at the Metrodome. The biggest day in professional sports in Minnesota. A) I don't know how we even managed to get a hotel room at all, let alone a nice one. 2) Our hotel was packed. And it's a little unnerving to try and attempt auto repair in the parking lot with cars whizzing by, inches from my out-stretched legs. So, I decided to bag it, and walk away while I could still walk. Kyla's coming home this weekend, and we'll try it again in a more suitable enviroment this time. But the rest of the weekend was fun, we shopped, went to the aquarium, went out to eat,ect. But the most fun was the Halloween scene we went to in Shakopee. It was really fun, like a Halloween amusement park. Check it out, www.trailofterror.com. But the worst part was, Jeannie discovered Ikea, the giant Swedish home furnishings store. This doesn't bode well for me.

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Oh man, IKEA! I love that store. I'm trying to buy stock in it. I could have gone completely crazy there. The way it turned out I spent 40 dollars. And that bought tons of neat stuff. They have any home furnishing you can imagine. The neatest thing I bought was a wall newspaper rack for the kitchen. It is bright red. And of course the swedish chocolate. Yummy! I wish we had a store here in SD.

Jeannie said...

Hey Bobbie,
I'm sorry we weren't around it would have been fun to see you guys and the kids. I hope you had a nice time with family. -Jeannie

Anonymous said...

I'm not a mechanic either, but compared to me, you're probably dang good. I do know how to fix bikes though. I think I repaired almost anything there is to repair on a bike at least once.