Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ready to go

Yesterday was Wyatt & Kyla's birthday. To celebrate, we're going to the Cities tomorrow to celebrate with Kyla. the weather has been really beautiful and I hope it lasts through the weekend. Kyla has some fun stuff planned so it should be great. I am taking my tools along and am going to attempt to fix the brakes on her car. My long-distance diagnosis is that it needs front rotors and pads. I've never tried this in my life, so it only makes sense that I'm going to attempt it in a suburban parking lot, sitting on the ground. I can remember one other repair I made on the old Celebrity, R.I.P., in the dorm parking lot at Hamline U. I did make the repair though, after several trips to the auto parts store. I do remember it was a Saturday morning, there were like 2 other cars in the whole lot, and Kyla backed into a light pole with my van. Wow. Lets hope we have better luck this time. The Norwegian is going along, and another exchange student, Vereena from Germany. Those 2 spend a lot of time together and I know they are really looking forward to the trip so I hope they have fun. What's not to like, right? We have been toying with the idea of getting another dog lately. I don't know if anything will become of it, but it has been kind of fun just looking online. I defy anyone to go to this site and not want a cocker spaniel- www.zimfamilycockers.com. Update on my mechanical skills next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with