Monday, August 07, 2006

Rain!

We finally got some much-needed rain last week. I believe we got close to 5 inches total in two different little storms. And it took away the terrible heat and humidity. It has just been perfect weather here for the last couple days. I still haven't mowed my lawn since July 4th and it really doesn't need it yet but it's starting to look a little scraggly around the edges. I'll do it before I leave. For Sturgis. In 72 hours we should be there. Last night I had to take a Tylenol PM to fall asleep, cause I was so worked up about going. Uncle Brian got my new trailer done so Jeannie and I went to Mitchell yesterday afternoon, after my open house, to pick it up. It's a beauty, and is big enough to hold all our camping gear and luggage. It still needs to be wired and painted but I should be able to get that done easily before Wed. night. I plan to leave early Thursday morning. I've been scoping out entertainment options for us and when I told Kyla Alice in Chains was playing at the Buffalo Chip, she immediately wanted to go, so there's one night's worth. I don't know anything about Alice in Chains, but I reckon I'll learn before the night's over.

No comments: