Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's Thursday already

Man, where do the weeks go? Busy, busy, life goes by like a freight train. I've been busy with work and also sending out campaign letters. It's starting to get to the point where every day will count now, cause Nov. will be here before we know it.
But first- another short vacation! My boys and I are leaving tomorrow for a short motorcycle trip, the annual guy trip. Every year it seems like it gets shorter, this will just be a long weekend, we're going back to the Black Hills. Kool Deadwood Nights is this weekend, which is not the reason for the trip, but should be a nice added bonus. I've never been to this event but I've heard it's fun, it's mostly old cars, street rods and motorcycles, they block off the streets and everybody just hangs out and gawks. I'm sure there must be a car show, dance, ect thrown in there too at some point. But that 'll be just a potential side trip, as the real reason we're going is to ride the Hills. The plan is to get out there, set up a base camp in the central Hills and just do day rides from camp. Much easier than setting up and tearing down camp every day. With most schools started already and the glut of Sturgis traffic gone, it should be wonderful riding and exploring. I can't wait for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

any kind of ride thru the hills is gorgeous!!! :) have fun!