Thursday, August 17, 2006

Beards gone

My weeks worth of whiskers is gone, dang it anyway. Last night there was a mixer here in town to raise funds for the Rounds/Daugaard campaign. It was very nicely done, lots of people to meet and socialize with, and always an added bonus, the food was superb. The food was catered by Joanne Beck from Deli of the Dells. She is an unknown treasure. People were standing in line to eat the stuffed mushrooms, greedily wolfing them down as they came steaming out of the oven. But, I digress. Back to the beard- it was pointed out that I probably shouldn't go to this event looking like a scruffy old biker,which I had to admit was true. So, it's back to my clean-shaven self, probably until next year. Someday I shall grow a beard like I had when the twins were born, and get a job as Santa Claus in the mall. Anybody that can grow a magnificent white beard should be properly compensated.

No comments: