Friday, July 22, 2005

War of the Worlds review

I forgot to mention in my last post that we went to the late showing of War of the Worlds last night. I am not enthusiastically endorsing it. I know everyone has different taste in movies, and as a rule, I like action flicks. I also have a strong dislike of Tom Cruise, which is probably coloring my opinion. The special effects were really good, the story line was really non-existant. I left the theatre feeling ambivilant. I'll probably never watch it twice. There was one bright spot however. Dakota Fanning. That little kid is amazing. I have never seen a child actor with a more powerful screen presence..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree wholeheartedly. My roommate and I are usually fans of well-crafted disaster flicks, but both of us were sorely disappointed with this one. Steven Spielberg's gotten a bit too big for his britches, if you ask me.

P.S.: Jeannie, thanks for your nice comment last week. It was very uplifting and encouraging, so I wanted to be sure to return the favor.

Greg said...

Hi Marissa,
Thanks for commenting.
I really enjoyed the movie. I do however have to admit to escaping reality by movie going, so I am generally pretty easy to please. I thought they did a great job of showing the initial onslaught of the aliens. The electrical storms and power outages. It was cool. The story line was weak, but I was entertained. Now I will go comment on your blog again.

Jeannie said...

whoops, I forgot to change users. The last comment was actually me.

Greg said...

wow, I thought I was losing my mind there for a second.