Wednesday, July 06, 2005

July 4th, 2005

and we had a great weekend camping again. We went back to Pierson Ranch, by Lewis & Clark Lake in Yankton. Very nice, calm, relaxing weekend. We left on Thursday afternoon and got back Monday evening. Camping was pretty much a clone of the Memorial Day trip except this time we went golfing once, and I went to the beach twice, for only an hour each time but still. At least I got some sun. And I like the beach, laying in the hot sun 'til you can't stand it another second, then dashing into the cool water. Nobody else wanted to go, so it's not as much fun by yourself, but I still enjoyed it. This trip with the camper was a lot less traumatic since the purchase of my new tow vehicle. The 2500HD crew-cab handled the camper just right, and looked good doing it. No more rear bumper dragging, and engine screaming in 2nd gear at the slightest hill. I guess it's that time of the year, in a week we'll leave for another long weekend trip to Red Lodge, MT. We're planning to go with some friends, pulling the Harleys in the enclosed trailer. Should be a fun trip, I'm really looking forward to it. I get all excited any time I get to travel out west. There is a Harley Rally and Rodeo in Red Lodge that weekend, we've been there before and it's a lot of fun. We'll be camping under the stars so that'll be a lot of fun too. Can you tell I'm excited to go? Check it out- redlodge.com or beartoothrally.com.

1 comment:

Greg said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! You're joking, right?

Here's what I got from that:

-I've been working for the last 35 years, non-stop.

-You are not working and plan to lay by the pool.


In other words:

-what is your point?