Friday, July 22, 2005

TGIF already

Getting home on Tuesday night certainly makes for a short week. I can't believe it's Friday already. This week has been brutally hot & muggy, with highs in the 90's with humidity to match. We did get 1.30 inches of rain Tuesday night, which was needed badly for the crops. My lawn seems to be in cruise control, it doesn't look dead but it's not growing either. I mowed over a week ago and still don't really need to mow again, just a few determined stems here and there. That really doesn't bother me much, I get sick of mowing about this time of year anyway. I got my enclosed trailer lettered with the LandMark logo and our names and phone numbers before we left last week and it really looks cool. It is such a good advertising tool, I feel dumb for waiting 2 years to get it done. I washed the bugs off the trailer when I got home and I've been trying all week to get it polished. I get about 1/4 of it done a day. It's so hot, even at night, that's about all I can stand to do. Plus, when I'm standing out in the street, people stop by to visit and that is more pleasurable than work. I took a new listing last night, right off the golf course. Built new in '03, 2700 sq. ft., 5 bdrms, 3 bath, triple garage, sprinkler system, better than new for $239,900. I hope it sells quickly. Open houses this weekend, one on Sat., another on Sun. No rest for the wicked, I'm afraid.

No comments: