Thursday, April 28, 2005

Landlord time

I spent the morning hauling garbage out of a house that had been destroyed (and I'm not using that term lightly) by the previous tenant. The house has a nice lawn shed in the back yard and evidently this clown never had garbage service the whole time he lived there. The garbage was bad, but not the worst. The inside of the house was trashed too, holes knocked in the walls, holes knocked in interior doors, all the screens slashed, one window completely smashed out, carpets in2 rooms ruined with cig burns, fingernail polish adn kool-aid spills, ceramic toilet broke, towel bars pulled off the walls, sinks clogged with mud and food mixed, all the window treatments ruined, excrement smeared on the walls, I could go on but why? I think you get the idea. It is without a doubt, the worst tenant I've ever had. He suckered me hook, line and sinker. Then he has the gall to pull the exact same scam on another landlord right here in town! This guy is a pro, no doubt about it. Insurance will pay for a small portion, the rest the adjustor called poor housekeeping and normal wear and tear, not vandalisim. Whatever. I'll make it right, make it nice again, watch closer next time. This guy might think he's seen the last of me, but small claims court is in his future! I will only be pushed so far.

No comments: