Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It's just me and the furkid

Jeannie is gone to Blue Cloud Abbey on vacation all this week so Sugar and I are on our own. So far it hasn't been too bad. Sugar is much more affectionate to me when Jeannie is not around. It has been so dang hot that we can't even go for walks at night, and it's not even the heat really, it's the stifling humidity. But it could be worse, it could be January. I'll never complain about the weather as long as I can walk outside without a jacket and ride my scooter to the office. We could stand a good rain too but that will happen in its own good time. Things are pretty calm in the real estate world, the usual mid-summer lull. I've learned not to panic but it's still disconcerting when things slow down. Things are still fine at the lake cabin. I'm glad we worked to get things finished by Memorial Day weekend cause now it just feels good to walk in and relax. I still have to remodel the bath but that isn't urgent. We're pleased that we bought in the off-season cause there have been quite a few places come on the market recently that aren't that much better than ours but are priced waaaaaaaay out of our league. We are very content with our little place, it's perfect for us. Now if I just had a new boat... Just kidding!

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Hey, It's me. I'm glad that you and sugar baby are getting along well. I can't wait for this weekend when Allie and Kyla come home and we can all be at the lake. See you on Friday Mr. Precious. Love Ya!

Ginger Ammon said...

As a concerned party, I think the bathroom situation needs attention far sooner than does the boat. Carpet in a bathroom is just not OK. Ever.

But you know how much I love your cabin. I never wanted to leave, and I mean that! That's why I'm coming back in a couple weeks. :-)