Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Nov.8th, 2006, election day aftermath

I lost. There it is, not sugar-coated or spun to make it sound like even though I was a few votes short, it was still a victory. I lost by 684 votes.

I won't say I'm not disappointed, because I am. Nobody likes to be a loser. But as Ginger said last night, our family knows what's REALLY important now, and this wasn't the time for me. There were several key issues on the ballot that polarized the Democrats and they did a great job of getting out the vote. Lots of big name Republican incumbants went down yesterday. About half-way through the campaign I came to the realization that with the war in Iraq, abortion, medical marijuana and civil unions on the ballot in SD, this probably wasn't the greatest year to be a Republican challenger.

But, no excuses. It was probably one of the most interesting challenges I've undertaken. I learned a lot, about the GOP, politics and myself. I raised and spent a lot of money. I put a lot of miles on my truck. Time to get on with my life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You tried, and did your best..and thats all you can really ask for! Chin up!!
:)

Mags said...

i'm proud you're my uncle...

Jeannie said...

Greg, You are the love of my life. I'm proud of you. I believe in you. Life is a funny thing. Who knows the reason for anything. But it the realm of losses this doesn't even put a blip on the screen. What is our next adventure?

Anonymous said...

Do it again. You have to keep trying. Really I think you can do this next and now you have experience.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying for you today.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of all of you today and remembering that great son and brother of yours!!!
Love and prayers,
Sue Horstmeyer