Monday, July 10, 2006

Dogsitting

Jeannie left last night for Blue Cloud Abbey, a Benedictine monastery in northern SD. It's certainly not where I would spend a week of my vacation, but she meditates, paints, and uses the quiet time to get her head straight. I don't mind so much being a bachelor for a week, but I'm also dogsitting for Sugar, which is not my favorite thing to do. I tolerate this dog, because Jeannie loves her so much, but she is high maintainence. Last night she laid in the back entryway all night, waiting for Jeannie to come home. I'm sure we'll be fine, just a little adjustment on both sides.

Last weekend was Hot Harley Nights in Sioux Falls, a huge fund-raiser for the Make-A-Wish foundation. There was reportedly 7,000 motorcycles in downtown on Sat. night. My friends and I rode down for the parade. It started at J&L Harley, which is basically out in the country on the north end of town, and wound through town, ending up in downtown, where there was a band, vendors and LOTS of people. I would put the crowd at 20,000, easily. We didn't stay too long, visited with some friends I hadn't seen for a while, ate some good chislic and headed back north. It was fun.
Work has just been super busy, which is a good thing. 3 of my listings have gone sale pending in the last week. I had 2 open houses yesterday and 2 more next Sunday. The downside to real estate is working weekends in the summer, but that's just the way it is. There is no such thing as the perfect job.
30 days from today Kyla and I will be in Sturgis. She has never been on a bike trip, let alone Sturgis, so I'm looking forward to it with great anticipation. We're only going to have a few days, and there's so much to see and do, we'll be busy non-stop. I can't wait!

No comments: