Wednesday, July 12, 2006

dogsitting update

I defy anyone to prove to me there is a stupider dog on the planet. This afternoon I rushed home from Sioux Falls about 4 pm to let the dog out, since she'd been locked in the house since before 9. Of course she's happy to see me, she dances on her hind legs, she rolls and stretches in the grass, she sniffs the ground for unseen tidbits. She doesn't pee. I know she has to, but maybe she's got a shy bladder, so I go in the house so as to not stare at her while she does her business. I fetch in the mail, clean off the counter, waste about 10 minutes I could've been doing something constructive, then go back to the door. She's standing there, looking at me with her black shoe-button eyes, and waiting. I let her in, tell her what a good dog she is, pick her up for a little doggie lovin' and SHE PEES ALL OVER MY GOOD PANTS! It doesn't do any good to get mad, there is no shame, there is no comprehension. Lights are on but nobody's home at the Sugar residence. JEANNIE, COME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Jeannie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeannie said...

OK, OK, be nice to my little dog. There is a method, I told you before I left. You take her out, you cross your arms, you tell her "Go Peeps!" It works every time. Give it a try. I'll be home friday at suppertime to relieve you of your duties. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Laughing at work out loud...not good. That is great. I'm sorry sugar went on you, but thanks for telling us about it.

Anonymous said...

I was response was: hahaha, but I will have to say your wife's instructions are funnier.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Greg, me and my roomie laughed at your post for a good ten minutes!

Anonymous said...

I don't know, but my dog, Odin, is pretty stupid - I call him the 'dog of very little brain'. However, I will admit that he at least understands how to pee correctly.

Anonymous said...

Haha the only time i apreciated sugars bad habbit where when she peed inside, and Seth stepped right into the pee, but jeez how many times havent i been stting on the front step waiting for her the pee, for so to clean up the floor afterwards, good thing i had a lot of time to waste. Give sugar a kiss from me.