Monday, June 19, 2006

Time to campaign

It's been kind of slow in the political arena, but now is the time of the year when all of the towns in my district have their annual summer festival, which means parades, which means me being in the parades, pressing the flesh and kissing babies. We're starting out this Sat. right here in Dell Rapids, with our own little celebration, www.quarrydays.com. I'm pleased to see that we have a larger variety of activities planned than in years past, so I hope we have a great turn-out. I'm having t-shirts and banners made for the parade as we speak, so it should be fun. If I ever figure out how to post a photo on this blog, I'll put one up of the parade.

Yesterday was Father's Day and the 7 month anniversary of Wyatt's passing. A very bittersweet day indeed. I spent it with my own father. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed it, every second. As fathers who have both lost sons, we have a bond that no one else will ever know. A special thanks to Donald, Ali and Kasha, who remembered me yesterday, along with their own dads.

1 comment:

:lauren: said...

I'm glad that you had a good day. Much love to you, Greg.