Monday, June 26, 2006

Quarry Days

I survived my first campaign parade, the Quarry Days parade last Sat. I had practically my entire extended family there helping, bless their hearts. Some rode in the car, (Sunkist, my '41 Chevy, now pressed into parade duty) others walked along and handed out candy to the crowd. I learned 2 valuable lessons- 1) it is impossible to shake everyones hand and keep up with the rest of the parade. 2) Don't wear cowboy boots. They're fine for ambling along but I was in full blown sprint most of the time. All told, I thought the team did a great job, thanks everybody! It was a beautiful day, and except for a thunderstorm on Friday night, a beautiful weekend. The cardboard boat races on Sat. afternoon were really fun and the LandMark Realty boat, piloted by Allie, Amanda, Erin & Jeff took first place in the "B" feature, all of them managing to stay dry. I have never seen so many campers in the campground, ever. I do believe it was party central down there. Grandma & Grandpa had their camper set up down there, but ended up spending 2 out of the 3 nights at our house due to excessive campfire smoke, no parking and general hooliganism. It was pretty much a free for all. The fireworks display last night was great as usual, a fitting end to a perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Ofty said...

I had a blast Greg, and I really think I need to build a boat for next year and put a stacked team in it so I can get a cool trophy like that.