Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Candy memories

So I'm preparing for this weekend and there are all these details, not the least of which is, what do we hand out while we're walking the parade route. I know you can go through candy like corn through a goose, so I get on the phone and start checking around. One phone call later, I score. Queen City Wholesale in Sioux Falls will sell me a 25 lb case of assorted hard candy for, get this, $26.15! Now think about the candy you buy in the c-store. I didn't do any factual research or anything but how much candy is usually in those little bags? 2 oz? for 99 cents? or more? This is a dollar a pound, people! It made me smile to think of how excited Wyatt would be to hear of this great discovery. If he were here for the parade, I would certainly have needed another case. That boy was a candyholic. I never said anything to him about it either and now I'm glad I didn't. Didn't matter in the end, now did it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bitter Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Its not good to tell people with bad sugar habits about cheap candy...there goes my next paycheck :) Jeff and I are hoping to come up this weekend, if you need any help let us know!

Ofty said...

Candy by the pound who could concieve such genious. Jo and I are planning on coming too, so also give us a call if you need anything.

:lauren: said...

What's a c-store?

Anonymous said...

convenience store

:lauren: said...

ah...the only "c" word I didn't think of...