Friday, September 24, 2004

The time is right

Well this is exciting for me to make my first entry on our blog. I guess that is an indication of the excitement level of my life. Today I've been busy selling tickets to a style show for a benefit for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Judy Dearduff is putting it on in Memory of Cole. I hope there is a big turnout. Another exciting event coming up is the Women For Thune rally we are hosting at our house. It is scheduled for October 20th. We had John Thune at our house to meet the graduating seniors early this year, so I'm looking forward to another event to try to gain some votes for him. If we can gain more women votes and new young voters I think he will win in Minnehaha county.

Life at our house is quiet these days. It isn't so bad though. I just have to adjust and find some new interests. So in a way it is kind of exciting. It is a new phase. And we're young enough to do whatever we want to. A couple of weeks ago we took the motorcycle up to Olivia, MN to watch our nephew, Ben play football. We spent the night in a tent, Greg's folks were there with us. The next day we left to go see the Amish colony in SE Minnesota. We rode for hours!!!! By the time we got there everything was closed and we were five hours from home so we started back. We spent the night at Blue Earth at the fair grounds. Then Sunday morning we set off for home. We put on 650 miles in two days.

Ok, that is all for my first entry. Please comment if you have a minute.

No comments: