Friday, April 27, 2007

Time for a New Post

Time speeds steadily along to who knows where? Here it is almost the end of April! This weekend is going to be beautiful! I haven't planned out the weekend yet, but I'm guessing I will be painting the cabin. That will be fun though. We are going to paint it a light yellow with white trim and maybe blue shutters. We are also going to paint the entire interior white and various pastels to cheer things up. We are working hard to get it spruced up so we can spend the summer enjoying it.

We are also in the planning stages for the 2nd annual Wyatt Ammon Memorial Poker Run. It is set for June 2nd. We have to get posters ordered, t-shirts, plan the route etc. It will be fun again we're sure. I hope you can come!

On May 26th we are having a public dedication for the Mothers' Healing Garden. It will be a nice affair. Dennis Daugaard is giving a short speech, Mark Docken is giving a blessing, Carol Baum is going to sing, and we are doing a balloon launch where everyone will be invited to send off a balloon in honor of someone they have lost. We will be busy until then planting all kinds of flowers and roses, erecting the altar, and laying more pavers. The garden is beautiful! Come on the 26th if you can.

Business at LandMark is going really well. We are busy. I'm so glad that we are both in the same line of work. We feel very fortunate to be able to work together. Who would have guessed we could get along so well being together 24/7?

I think of Wyatt all the time, wondering what his existence is like now. I miss him so much and I'm still in disbelief that I won't see him again in my lifetime. That just won't sink in. Life is change, time is death itself. We all will die. Why won't our brains operate in this reality? It is a strange phenomenon, part of our survival instinct, but strange all the same. I visualize Wyatt in the next place, enraptured by it all, exploring and experiencing everything with a zeal only Wyatt had. I can't wait to be there someday too. But in the meantime I focus on this life and try to see the good in people. I want to reach out to others in meaningful ways. Really aren't we all just trying to get through this life the best we can? Wouldn't it be better if we all just try to build each other up as we go through?

I know people don't take the time to read super long blog entries so I'll end this now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, when I am doing nothing but thinking (yes, it does happen!) my mind wanders to Wyatt. For some reason I cannot grasp the fact that I will never see Wyatt again in this life. Then I think about how that thought must feel for you and Dad. To not see the son you brought into this world live a full life. Wyatt doesn't get to get married, have kids, buy a house. All of these things I know he dreamed of. Then I think about my own life, but it just doesn't seem as exciting to me anymore. Because why should I get to experience all these things and Wyatt doesn't get to? It's not fair. I just think about the fun we would have had as adults. Being able to laugh and hang out as we have our whole lives. You know, he was the only one that really got me. The new car, the new job, the fun vacation - none of them are as fun or exciting anymore. Nothing is without Wyatt.

Jeannie said...

It is all shades of gray now. I know what you mean. I remember you saying after Wyatt died that he could have stayed here, but what he saw in heaven was just too great. He wanted to go. I think it is like that, so wonderful we don't want to come back here. But I know Wyatt would want us to live and love. So I do my best.