Saturday, February 18, 2006

I'd like to announce....

my candidacy for the SD House of Representatives, District 25. I took out my nominating petition from the Secretary of State in Pierre last Thursday. This is something I've thought about for years, but always talked myself out of. Now, with the encouragement of Lt. Governor Daugaard and others, I'm commited. We all promised Wyatt we would push the boundries of our safe little worlds, and I'm going to keep my promise. I know I can make myself a better person while giving the people of District 25 the voice in Pierre they need, want and deserve. The last line of the Jaycee creed keeps playing in my head, "....and service to humanity is the BEST WORK IN LIFE!" Now I
'll do my best to live up to that motto, and more. Wish me luck, and thanks in advance for your support.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told Jolene a while back that I wouldn't be suprised if you ran for office of something.

Hollie Dearduff said...

Awesome! I am so glad you are running that means I can come to you with all my ideas! Not to mench all the things I want to bitch about when it comes to state support and the national guard! Congrats! And if you need help with any campainging let me know! It would be awesome to help out!

:lauren: said...

woo hoo! :) that's great!

Anonymous said...

you've got my vote

Anonymous said...

That's great to hear! Of course, I immediately have a question for you: What would you like to change if you get elected?

Fletch said...

Make us proud Greg! If you need any campaigning done in Austin....

Lauren said...

Can I be your campaign manager? My first act would be to encourage the good citizens of SD to read your blog!

Anonymous said...

Good show! I wish you the best of luck in the elections. Let me know if you need any help with web promotions etc.

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you need any help with anything...both Jeff and I would love to contribute any way we can.