Monday, December 04, 2006

The dinner party

Last weekend I got a wild hair and decided to host a small dinner party. And I do mean small, just one couple, in case this thing tanked on me. We invited our good friends, Greg and Karen Park, over on Sat. night. I shopped just a little for food, since this being my first time and all, I wasn't going overboard. I decided on chicken cordon bleu for the entree, just pulled it out of the hat since it sounded good. I googled "menu plan" and came up with the rest of the menu. So, we had chicken cordon bleu with wild rice and fresh green beans tossed in lemon butter. I must say at the risk of a swelled head, it was delicious. And not even slightly hard! I totally did not stress over anything. Jeannie prepared dessert, triple fudge brownie sundaes with a caramel sauce. Delish! Afterwards we played games and visited. It was a totally delightful evening and I plan on doing it again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum, you are a good cook!! Ginger gets annoyed w/me bc when we talk about food at your house..i always bring up this one pasta/veggie dish--it was warm and sooo good. shes like GOD FORGET IT ALREADY...you know, since its was like ooh 11yrs ago. :) oh well. glad you, Jeannie and your guests had a great time!

Jeannie said...

Bobbie, Greg loves to cook for people. Next time you guys are here we will have you for a meal. Hope you are all doing well. We still have your family picture hanging on our refrigerator, so you are never far from our thoughts.